But, never one to like saying no to something I have committed to, here it is, and I'm pretty happy with it. I knew that I wanted it to be interactive in some way, to fold or see something through it and so I began experimenting with my circle Nestabilities and decided to make a wishing well at the back that would come through the pages. I also like larger and larger circles so that I could write something around the rings that would show on the left as the pages were turned. I knew I wanted paper I could paint on so first off the bat, I tore all the pages out, so the only original thing is the cover which I covered!
I decided if I was doing a wishing well and my theme was "It's not a sketchbook..." I would do "A pocketful of wishes for Ophelia". It has little hopes and dreams and blessings for her. Too bad it will never reach her little hands. It will be archived after the tour. So I have taken these pictures and will make color copies for her.
I'm happy that I finished it, as always, there are things I would do differently next time.
Here it is- I still have to tighten the ties so they are a little long. Need another finger to hold them while I tie....
These are the pages before adding to the book, you can see the book on Flickr here: