Saturday, August 25, 2007

Zutter bookbinding


Today I made my first little book using my new Zutter binding machine. I am still perfecting the hole positioning, but like my results.
I used 3 recipe dividers made of chipboard made by We R Memory Keepers " Raw Goods". I liked these from the moment I spotted them and wanted to make a mini book. They are 4x6.
I painted the chipboard with a pumpkin colored paint by Making Memories. I cut some of my paste paper for the front, the back paper didn't line up after being punched, so I used paper from www.quietfiredesign.com which is a heavy textured mulberry paper in a dark pumpkin color. I had stamped the quote, also from Quietfire Design, on some of my paste paper. I cut it out with my Coluzzle and backed it with the textured mulberry paper. The little bird is from Impress Rubber Stamps and is stamped with Chalk ink.
The 15 pages are 3 7/8 x 6 and are Acquarello 140 lb cold-pressed watercolor paper. Black coils are what I had on hand. I like the contrast to the yellow paste paper.
Maybe this will end up being a Music Deco!

2 comments:

Lindart said...

Great little book! That Zutter seems like a "must have" toy!

Roann Mathias said...

It's nice to see what the Zutter can do. Nice design.