Sunday, March 09, 2008

Marg's Music Deco


I think this is my final deco to work in. They have all been such a treat to see and a joy to do art in. I'm sending Linda's home and Marg's will get to her soon after.
I do love this quote, I chose it for my own deco.
A question was asked about the background so I'll add it to this post. I used patterned paper by Daisy D, antique music, if I remember correctly. I did a semi-dry wash of gesso and smeared it with my finger over it, stamped over that with a flourish stamp with gesso and antique photo distress ink and stamped the little bird with the distress ink, also. On the left side, in addition to the above, I spritzed over an antique doily with walnut ink and went over it just a bit with a light smear of gesso. I printed the quote directly on the altered paper. Think that is about it.

1 comment:

Mary-Beth said...

So pretty!!!

Thanks for adding the directions Beth!