Thursday, December 04, 2008

December Yalpha Mingle



Here is my Yalpha mingle for the byhandartists yahoogroup. We are to use a 3" or larger letter and the rest of the mingle should have something related to the letter. I did my typical right-handed open page, I realize this is getting boring, I'll get more creative next month. I've been doing backgroud paper for my Christmas cards, described in the previous post, so I used some of the strips I had trimmed off to weave my W. I loved the colors together. Weaving is tedious work(atleast for one with a poorly functioning right hand) but I think it came out okay. I added a little gold metallic rub on, too, but I like a little white showing through anyway.
I free-handed cut the W and attached it with pop dots to Bazzill bling in the pink paper. The inside is stamped with a woven background stamp (All Night Media) with ColorBox dark moss chalk ink. The quotes are stamped with Colorbox Black pigment ink. The stamp on the left is from Quietfire Design and the one on the right is Stampin'Up. The little quilled heart was in my ever growing stash and actually had been a little Christmas ornament that a friend had hung on a miniature tree she gave me a few years ago.

No comments: