Sunday, April 01, 2012

Day 8-paints


Paint Dabber Resist

This is a sort of faux batik look. I didn't have a white dabber so I used gesso to paint my stamp (immediately clean with water after stamping), stamped on  sticky back canvas and dried with heat tool. Then, applied stains from bottle onto canvas. Dried applied more, dried, spritz a bit dried. The dried gesso acts as a resist to the stain
Nice!


Crackle Paint Resist

For this tag I applied a medium thick layer of crackle paint. I got my paints a while ago but had not taken the plastic off or opened (obviously, if the plastic was still on!) But two of the four had dried out. I have written to Ranger so we will see what comes of that. But, I used the kinda dried out green. It still crackled.
I applied distress inks with blending tool. Tim applied stains. I stamped with distress ink because you want something also water-based for crackle to resist. Then I stamped the vase with Archival Ink, which is permanent.  This is a nice technique though probably one I may not use super often for what I do, but who knows?


Shattered Stains Technique

I applied Rock Candy clear crackle paint to chipboard shapes thickly. Tim often dips his into the medium that he has put on a craft sheet and then scrapes up remaining back into jar.  I let it dry over night and voila clear plastic crackles.
I dabbed the Distress stains on the birds repeatedly and dabbed where I didn't like, then heat set. You can add more and heat set again. This is a nice technique that I think I will use again and again. You could die cut chip board or use grungeboard. I think they look cool!



No comments: