Tuesday, October 16, 2007

atcs for October swap




I have done a little art today for the atc swap with the byhandartists group. Our themes this month are Halloween, Egypt and the color indigo (if I remember correctly). Being a lover of Halloween I did some Halloween art first and then an Egyptian one. I am having fun researching the glyph stamps I have that came from a Goodwill store. On the back of the Eye of Horus atc is a brief description of the symbol.
The "spooky" atc has fun foam, decorative background paper, painted path and stamped branches and gold script. The little witch I posted before for the seasons atc mingle. The Bats atc (you can't see it but the word "Bats" is stamped in metallic black ink in the bottom right corner) is the same background paper with a gold embossed moon and black embossed bats used Stazon for the branches. I really like this branch stamp from Impress. It has a mini flower stamp at one end. I use it a lot.
The "eerie" atc is Krylon resist for the moon with twinkling H2O background paint. The tree is stamped with Stazon black and the bat is fun foam.
The Eye of Horus atc is Lumiere's metallic gold edged with Twinkling H2O's golden jade on 140# cold pressed watercolor paper. The eyes are stamped with the same Twinkling H2O on the same watercolor paper colored with a wet brush and a blue Marvy Le Plume brush pen in blue. I edged the "eye" paper with Krylon gold and mounted with mounting squares for some dimension. sun and moon are stamped with the Brilliance Lightning Black which is becoming a favorite ink!
I'll upload pics again later, blogger is having problems.

No comments: