Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Music Decos








The first one I worked in, Linda T's, is a fun round book and included Canadian postage stamps of music artist. I chose the Joni Mitchell stamp and incoporated it in my page. One page is a photo of Joni and a vellum pocket for a little record Linda enclosed on which I placed the stamp and on the back I cut a circle from cardstock and stamped a record and music notes stamp (from Michael's dollar bin)and use as a sign in tag. Added fibers. These are cool little record tags. I made two atcs to stick between the front and back page of the deco with the same stamp and names of songs. The front is Krylon silver resist for a river and lake. Twinkling H2o stamped trees and around the edge is written the words to "River"

I've been working in two decos this week and they are ready to head on to Linda C.
Sandy's deco started with "Goodbye Norma Jean" and Linda T and I have continued the Marilyn Monroe theme. My page is "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend". The words are superimposed on the Gentlemen Prefer Blondes poster. I backed it with silver paper on top of polka dot patterned paper. I cut the photo corner from patterned paper with my cuttlebug. I added some Liquid Pearls platinum around her neck where the diamonds are. The other page is a photo on more patterned paper (love the kisses. In the metal rimmed tag is pink paper with "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" Edged the photo and paper with silver Krylon pen. Rubber stamped the sheet music with charcoal chalk ink. Added fibers and attached metal letters that spell Marilyn.

Anne's deco began with a classical tribute followed by a fantastic interactive layout by Linda about "Showboat". I had Porgy and Bess in my head all day so I went with that. Anne had already painted her pages and I used them. A copy of some sheet music from the opera holds a tag with facts about it. Copies of photos from the original play and an album cover are the other pics. I used the cuttlebug to cut out the letters from patterned paper and used some negative and some positive ones. The same sheet music stamp was used on the background of the left page with vintage photo Distress ink.

No comments: