Saturday, October 13, 2007

Mini Book with Shrink Plastic










I have wanted to use Suzanne's ( www.quietfiredesign.com )mini stamps for a while and I am facinated with shrink plastic, so they were a great combo! I stamped my front image with Stazon ink on the frosty side and colored it with chalks. The back images ( quote from the above web-site) stamped better on the glossy side for some unknown reason. The ink tended to spread on the frosty side. So, I went with it. The flowers were added with souffle pens after baking. I edged the covers with silver Krylon pen.
The original size of the covers was 3 1/2 by 2 3/4. The finished size is 1 1/2 x 1 1/8. I used an 1/8 hole punch. I cut the white cardstock and used an awl to punch the holes for the pages using the cover as a guide.
I stamped different images from mini stamp collection on 5 of the pages. Added a little ink to color two of them.
It is bound with blue wire that I have had forever and beads that I have had longer than that!
I added a decorative paper clip to one of the blank pages.

2 comments:

Lindart said...

TO-O-O-O cute!! I love it!

Pattyjo said...

The mini book is awesome! How talented you are! I love shrink plastic too and I am just learning all the fun things you can make with it. I would never have thought to do a mini book with it. How perfect! Your book is awesome!!!