Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 6 and 7 (my day!)

Where do the days go!?  I'm terribly behind on everything but I must blog about the 12 Day of Christmas!
Here is Jean's lovely Day 6 package!
Notice I photographed against a different background?  My bedroom rug instead of the dining room table!
Love the stamped card.
And inside........

Was this lovely book board booklet that is held together with ribbon.  I think I will add photos.





And the part that flips up! The papers are beautiful and the gold ribbon, a lovely touch!   It is about 4x6".
Thanks, Jean, for a super gift!

And on to today, Day 7, which was my day. I got to open day 13 from Mary-Beth, but since it is for each participant's day, I'll save it for last not to spoil it for others. But it's a beauty!!

I am thinking of selling these towels in an etsy shop after the first of the year.  I have done some vintage images in black and white and personalized them in the past. I decided to do color for these and a Christmas image that could go beyond Christmas if one wanted.

So here is my package with a design from my sister, Richey, who's etsy shop, Items of Interest by Richner, can be found here. I also bought bags from her, but ironed the image myself.

And inside was this:
I hope everyone likes them.  I think they are cheery! I add byhandartists 12 Days of Christmas ( some had year and some didn't) under the bulb and my name at the base of the bud stem in tiny script.
I printed the amaryllis  and writing on Avery light fabric transfer paper for ink jet printers. Avery product number 8938.
Very important if doing anything with writing to flip the image to the mirror side (horizontally or vertically). Ask me how I know this!! Yikes. Thankfully not ironed on but printed none the less.
I cut the image out very close to the printing and cut out all the little white spaces. This is what makes them really look best so there isn't unnecessary transfer paper on the towel, just the image itself.
Iron onto towel per instructions on the package.
Note:
You cannot iron the image. I don't iron them at all. But if you must, iron only from the back on a low setting.
Here is Richey's instructions for care:

1 comment:

Yogi said...

lots of wonderful gifts. That booklet (for your photos) looks like a Jacob's Ladder structure. Fun.
Have a great day