Sunday, January 22, 2012

Farmers market


Not a big haul but yummy none the less. I was delighted to see that there were brussel sprouts available. They have become my new favorite vegetable. I cook them with red grapes,salt and pepper, and a splash of olive oil in a pan at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and then add a little balsamic vinegar. I only wish there had been more for leftovers!
It was a chilly day and fewer farmers each week, but our overall winter has been unseasonably mild.  We had a tornado last week and are under a watch tonight with thunderstorms expected. I don't ever remember a winter with numerous 50 degree days.
I'm headed to one of my favorite places on Wednesday- Seattle- so expect some great food reports from there. Poor Jim has to work and will be holding down the fort but off duty as chef for a week. I'm expecting a lot of carryout and dining out for him, too.
See you soon!

No comments: