Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Back to art




Now that Derby fever has died down, I'm working on my 4x4 project for the byhandartists yahoogroup Quietfire inspired swap. I like so many of Suzanne's quote stamps but lately I've been enjoying her crows plate. I embossed white cardstock with her crows brass stencil, which caused it not to scan so well, so a photo will have to do. I did a background on glossy card stock with denim, lettuce and wild plum alcohol inks and cut it 3 1/2 x 3 1/2. This is mounted on one of three different cardstocks, one is the black corrugated shown here, the others are two different greens. I tend to buy one sheet of cardstock I like which means I never have enough for a group project. But, really I like each of the different colors and it keeps me from feeling like I'm an assembly line. I stamped the music score from the plate onto white cardstock and used my cuttlebug balloon die to cut out word balloons. I trimmed them a tad on the "tied" end of the balloon, to look more like a word balloon than a birthday balloon.
The music score is stamped with Adirondack Lettuce, Fresh Ink Steel Blue and Chalk Ink Wisteria. The word "crow" is stamped with Archival Black.
The embossed portion was glue to the back ground and I popped the music "bubbles".
The back has a crow stamp and my most used quote of Suzanne's.

1 comment:

donna said...

Crows plate, crows brass stencil, denim, lettuce, wild plum alcohol inks, cuttlebug balloon die.....it all makes my head spin and I don't understand a word of it....but you sure know how to put it all together and make it look great!