Saturday, August 22, 2009

ATC for August


I got creative today and did a few atcs for the August byhandartists swap. Our themes this month are "Red", "Diamonds" and "Pets".
I incorporated all three using a diamond background paper that I rubber stamped a background stamp (Inkadinkado)onto with tea dye Distress Ink, smudged a little fired brick and vintage photo Distress Ink on top of that. On another splattery (is that a word?) background paper, I stamped the little boy and dog (Tim Holtz creative block #25) with the fired brick ink and edged the paper with the same ink. Had some old lace trim hanging around so I cut that to fit and used beeswax to collage everything together. Added the little flower with a dab of wax to finish it off.
Fun! I love beeswax. I use it in the soap I make sometimes. It has such a great feel and smell when you work with it.

3 comments:

Yogi said...

nice ATC.

donna said...

You can never go wrong when you include a boy and dog. I like the word beeswax, saying it and hearing it and reading it. Very happy to have you back posting.

Beth Akins said...

Thanks, Yogi and Donna- it's nice to post again. I miss contact with my cyber friends!