Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Christmas/Winter Rolodex Swap



I'm hosting another Rolodex swap on the byhandartists yahoogroup, this time a Christmas/Winter theme. I've really enjoyed flipping through my Rolodex to look at different art as I pass by it. I keep it in the living room. This is my card for the swap. I did alcohol ink background on glossy cardstock using Red Pepper and Lettuce and my Krylon gold leafing pen. I cut the cards 2 1/4 x 4 " and punched the holes for the holder. I stamped this cool Merry Christmas snowflake stamp from Quietfire Design with embossing ink and used White Pearls embossing powder which is a shimmery clear. It gave the card texture and if you hold it to the right light, you can ready the lovely "Merry Christmas" calligraphy. The holiday greeting is a Penny Black stamp using Archival Ink Black. I stamped Shrinky Dink sheets with the Merry Christmas stamp, which because of its tiny detail allowed little room for error. I wasted about half I stamped by not being able to be perfectly still while pressing and lifting, so I decided to go with another stamp as well. I like the little Bethlehem scene as another choice. So some swappers will get one design and some the other. I punched 1/8 inch holes in the Merry Christmas Shrinky Dinks and left the Bethlehem ones solid. The solid ones are attached with Glossy Accents and the button ones with a pink waxy floss. I love Shrinky Dinks! Watching them shrink is just the best fun. The back of the card is stamped with the same Merry Christmas snowflake in red dye ink and green chalk ink. I'll post the others when they all arrive.
Thank goodness my eyes can't see the little flaws that show up in the photo! It was hard to edge the Shrinky Dinks with the Krylon pen without getting a little on the front, rats.

2 comments:

Yogi said...

very nice. I like the Bethlehem one too. Sorry to hear about your friend's passing.

donna said...

Okay, you're talking a language I don't understand. I don't understand the process but I sure do like looking at the results. Red Pepper, Lettuce, Shrinky Dink....that I understand.