Saturday, December 19, 2009
Well, this was my day! And I'll start with my short lament and move on. My choice of coatings after reading a tutorial was DG3. Someone preferred it to Diamond Glaze so I went with it. It never got completely hard. Days later if something touched the surface of the tile, it left an imprint. I had to correct several with another coat (more drying woes) and am concerned about how they traveled with all the manipulation in the mail.
But, when I made them I was pretty happy with their "look" at least. Another problem was the background paper curling after drying for a day before the gel was applied. I think as the gel dried and pulled the contact of the glue (tacky glue) So, all in all, I liked the concept but the execution was not the best.
Being the perfectionist I can be especially when it comes to something for others, it was a bit of a disappointment. But, that said, I plan to make more.
So, here was my offering to my dear art friends on the byhandartists yahoogroup.
Merry Christmas, and thanks for sharing your art with me.
PS:I got the sad report from our organizer, when asked, that it didn't travel well. Wahhh.