Sunday, September 26, 2010

Farmers Market 9/25












Fall is coming, I can feel it. The lower humidity is a welcome guest. I don't think it got above 80 today compared to our sweltering, record-breaking mid-nineties this week.  I looked ahead and it should be in the 70's for the next 10 days! I can't wait!
There were lot of people and lots of good food to be had at the farmer's market today.  Apples were first on my agenda.  Remember the Arkane that were to be there? Yep, found them!  I got several-plan to have one every day. Next was wandering for vegetables. Charles Hambley's things looked really good so I got beans and potato. No corn, and I didn't buy any tomatoes. But, I did get a lot of basil, so I'll have to figure something good to do with it. I got the last bunch from my favorite basil vendor and it was extra big. I love having it around for aroma alone and stuck some of it in with the flowers last week.
The flowers-I got the red brain looking ones today and two stems of tuberose which will fill the house with sweet smell.
Don't you just love these sweet little pumpkins that were a dollar each? Martha Stewart has some cute glittered ones, I can't decide if I want to go that route or not.
A yummy salad is coming with those mixed greens. I'm thinking green bean potato salad will go nicely with the brats and maybe fall will hurry on in with a pot of chili made with the ground buffalo, who knows? I'll have to see what Chef Jim has in mind.
PS I liked that I can add more than one picture at a time now, but they go in a row vertically which I'm not liking so much. Sorry for the endless scrolling!
See ya next week for another farmers market adventure.  Today I'm off to an arts and crafts fair in Madison Indiana.  It is right on the river in a lovely location- it should be a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Yogi said...

Great colors on all your goodies. Love the apple pic - I want to paint (or color)it one day.