Sunday, October 03, 2010

Light Farmers Market Day

I had to do a quicky trip to the market yesterday, so no picture since I didn't go right home.  I got apples, Winesap, Gala, and Fugi, and 4 small tomatoes, and 3 sunflowers. You can tell the flowers are dwindling. The sunflowers are much smaller but still beautiful!
I did finish a little project for my DIL for her birthday. I don't think she reads my blog so I think I can go ahead and post it.
Actually, this is a very late Christmas promise, so need to do two art projects for Christmas this year to catch up! I'm going to the local glass factory for one. I bought  a discount coupon for some studio time and plan to make some art glass gift.
Anyway, back to the art-I did a scrabble tile necklace.  I used an R tile for her first initial. I  did a little Distress ink wash with Tea Stain then stamped a script background stamp. On top of that I did a green tiny bird cage and with Archival Ink stamped the bird and letter "r". I edged the paper with gold leafing pen. I think it is pretty cute and think she will like it because she like birds and anything I make. Isn't that great?!

No market post next week either unless I don't go to the lake with the Bridge Babes.  But, there will be a lake trip post I'm sure!


I'm loving our cooler weather.........

No comments: