Friday, July 27, 2012

Believe it or not!

I actually made something for dinner!  Inspired by my neighbor's generous gift of tomatoes, I decided to try a new salad. Now, you know that Chef Jim does the cooking around here, but I had some time one day that he had to work :)
I printed out a few recipes and in the end, made it my own.


Tomato and Peach Salad
OK, Jim did cook everything else :)
But doesn't the tomato and peach salad look yummy?

Super easy to make.

Peeled and seeded 4 tomatoes and 4 peaches,
chopped about 1 TBS mint and basil from the yard,
added about 1 TBS chopped garlic (from the jar)
In a jar, mixed about 1/8 cup each of lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil
added fresh ground pepper, a pinch of sea salt, and a pinch of brown sugar (that I would omit next time because the vinegar is sweet)
** Oh, I forgot- a 1/2 tsp dijon mustard, too!
Tossed and served. Next time I'd toss about an hour ahead.
Refreshing!

2 comments:

lindalou said...

Good for you. It is all about tomatoes right now isn't it. It looks great.

Yogi said...

sounds good and I gathered tasted good too. Have a great day