Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine Shoe Box







My Jazzercize instructor, Martha, decided to have a contest with decorated boxes for Valentine's Day. I love to win a prize of any sort so I have worked on my box for the challenge. Now, I am hoping I get there tonight to take it for the judging tomorrow. I procrastinated as usual and have to work until at least 5 and the class is at 5:30, judging tomorrow before the 8 AM class which I usually avoid like the plague, but will manage to go to.
As always, I got a bit ahead of myself by forgetting to factor in the box top when placing letters on the side. Yikes! So I had to make do with a cardstock "dirt" top, double-stick taped in.
I used chipboard letters and covered them with aluminum foil. Alcohol inked the letters, cut a fence from my Martha Stewart edge punch, dug out the scrabble tiles (of course I was missing a w) and the metal letters for the "Love Grows". Cardstock hand cut grass, a patterned paper with flowers that I cut out, a little wire, some more double-stick tape and voila! My valentine box!
These are my little valentines that I made this morning. 2x2 white cardstock, stamped with red chalk ink and a foam stamp I got a long time ago. Added a few stick on metallic hearts and double-stick taped a Reese's peanut butter heart to the bottom.
What would I do without double-stick tape??

2 comments:

Sue said...

It's adorable! You should win!

donna said...

Martha Stewart would luv it and so will Jazzercize Martha.

This Valentine box would make a perfect post for the Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day that I participate in on the 15th of the month. It's a stretch for northern gardeners to find anything blooming in February.

donna