Saturday, August 07, 2010

Yum!

Another great day at the market! Not the big haul of last week, but nice just the same.  Great selection of tomatoes. Last year was the Cherokee Purple year. This year more of the Brandywine and yellow heirlooms. Okra looked good. Mom loves it, too. Jim is going to make my favorite rice and okra dish soon. I think I overheard the grower talking about how good these onions were. I should have taken a picture of the basket of peppers that I grabbed these from. All colors!  We had grilled yellow squash last night and it was so tasty I wanted more! Corn, potatoes and buffalo, too.
And, a delicious omelet. I didn't even have to wait. Evidently I was the only one in line that wanted a veggie only and it was hot out of the pan!

3 comments:

Yogi said...

nice pics again. Okra is just not something I like. It really needs to be camouflaged for my palette...

Beth Akins said...

I'll send you my recipe. That way and fried ate the only I like'

lindalou said...

Looks yummy. Have to agree with Yogi, not an Okra fan.