Saturday, July 31, 2010

ARt Friday

Tonight I explored Sticky Back Canvas a little more with an embossing technique. Using the sticky side of the canvas, I placed a dragonfly mask down and sprinkled Bmuse very fine detail ep in Sepia. Dumped the excess off and carefully removed the mask. Embossed with heat tool. This leaves sticky canvas where the mask was. I swirled Perfect Pearls over that which added to the shiny look of the piece. It does look a little like "pleather". You could also apply a different color embossing powder to the remaining sticky part and heat again-making sure that the first color has completely cooled.
I've got the beginning of a faux batik going and canvas drying for a debossing technique for tomorrow! I'm lucky I have some really great foam stamps I got at a yard sale. They came in handy!

No comments: