Saturday, July 31, 2010

More art

I'm catching up with a few assignments and still behind on some.  The first image is painted sticky back canvas (SBC) that was run through the Cuttlebug with one of my Asian embossing folders. I chose the debossed side for the painted side.  I used Versamark pen to color the debossed areas and then swirled Perfect Pearls over the penned areas. I like it.  Pink is not a color I use often but it lends itself to the Asian folder and the soft metallics.
This is my embossed SBC that I used the mask on with embossing powder added to my techniques book.
This is the technique I love this week. Faux batik. I stamped with several foam stamps with gesso onto the SBC. When the gesso was dry, I went over it with really diluted paint. The colors I used were Dazzling Metallics-Glorious Gold, Folk Art-Lemon Custard, Calypso Sky, Bayberry, Christmas Red, Van Dyke Brown. I especially love the colors of the sea shell one. I used the yellow, van dyke brown and the gold. I think the subtlety is wonderful! I can see a lot of things I might do with this.

No comments: